Serving and veteran Grenadier Guards will come together on Sunday 19 May 2024 for our annual day of remembrance.
There will be a service in the Guards Chapel followed by a parade at the Guards Memorial. The Regimental Lieutenant Colonel invites all Grenadiers, ‘Past and Present’, and their families to join us to pause and remember our fallen comrades.
Regimental Remembrance Day 2024 in the year of the 30th Anniversary of the Formation of Nijmegen Company (3rd August 1994) and the 2nd Battalion being placed in Suspended Animation (5th November 2024).
Timings in 2023 were as follows and may be the same in 2024:
- 12:30 – Gates open for arrivals.
- 12:00 – Refreshments stand on the main square opens.
- 12:00 – Sgts Mess bar open for serving and ex serving mess members.
- 14:15 – All to be seated in the Guards Chapel.
- 14:25 – Regimental Colonel/Lieutenant Colonel arrives at the Chapel.
- 14:30 – Chapel service starts.
- 15:05 – All those not attending the chapel service form up on the main square in there respective Battalions (Please be aware the Sergeants Mess bar will close during the service and march to Horse Guards).
- 15:15 – Chapel service finishes and the remainder fall in.
- 15:30 – The Regiment steps off from Wellington Barracks for Horse Guards.
- 16:05 – The Regiment steps off from Horse Guards back to Wellington Barracks.
- 16:20 – The President of the Association addresses the Regiment and reads the Loyal Messages.
- 16:30 – The Regiment is dismissed (Sergeants Mess bar to re-open).
- 19:00 – Sergeants Mess bar closes.
Order of Dress:
- Serving and non-serving other ranks – Dark Suit & Brigade Tie with Medals (no berets are to be worn on parade).
- Serving and non-serving Officers – As per standing orders.
- Coaches/Minibus’s – All coaches bringing association branches/members are to drop off in Wellington Barracks and then park on the mall (parking ushers will be present to direct as required). All coaches and mini buses must be booked in and details sent to Brice.Fanning100@mod.gov.uk
- Personal Cars – There is no parking for personal vehicles in Wellington Barracks. Anyone wishing to travel by personal vehicle must park in the NCP car parks in the local area (Hyde park is the closest to Wellington Barracks 1.2 miles)